Bulk event upload
With Bandsintown Manager, you can now use our Bulk Upload tool to add multiple events to your artist page at once. Contact us if you’re having trouble throughout this process.
1. Download template
Download this template and fill it by following the field requirements for each item mentioned below.
- To edit the date & location (venue, city, state, country) fields:
- Mark the event as cancelled by entering all fields precisely as they are in the event
- Enter a new row for the event. Please note that this will erase all the existing RSVPs and generate a new event
- To edit the description, ticketURL, time fields:
- Enter one single row with all the existing information
- Update only the fields you’d like to change
To publish your events, upload the File on Bandsintown Manager and click on Submit. Your events will be published within 30 minutes upon uploading the file.
If you don’t want the events to be visible to your fans immediately, please turn your Publish Suggested Events setting off. This way, your events will be placed under the Pending tab in the Events section, where you can review and publish them when you’re ready.
Note: Make sure the file extension is ".xls" as the ".xslx" format is not supported.
- Band Name: Include only 1 artist name per row. If multiple artists are performing, repeat the entire row by only changing the artist name and copying all other fields. For example, if there are 3 artists performing, there should be 3 rows for that event. Enter the artist name exactly as it appears on the Bandsintown page.
- Date: Use the MM/DD/YYYY format. Past dates can’t be imported with the Bulk Upload and must be added manually.
- Country: Use the 2-character country code (ISO Code). For example, enter US for USA. You can find the list at ISO codes on Wikipedia.
- State: 2-letter state code (for US only)
- City: Full city name
- Venue: Include only the name of the venue. Use the Description field for any additional information such as event name (e.g. "An Evening With…"), etc.
- Description: Use this field for all extra details. Do not add additional columns or change the format of the spreadsheet.
- Cancelled: Type “Yes” in this column to cancel an event. Make sure to input all the event details matching the existing event.
- TicketURL: Enter the full ticket link. Do not use any URL-shorteners (e.g. bit.ly, goo.gl, etc.)
- Time: Use the 24-hour (HH:MM) time format. For example, enter 21:00 instead of 9pm. If the time field is blank or the format is incorrect, the event time will automatically default to 7pm.
Click here if you need help.