It’s a new year and at Bandsintown, we’re starting on a high note. After brushing the confetti from our desks and dumping the champagne bottles, we took some time to reflect on just how far we’ve come in this past year.
Here are some of our personal highlights from 2014:
- Bandsintown Manager on mobile introduced the largest update to our artist platform in years. Along with it came exclusive new features like messaging fans who RSVP to shows, the ability to aggregate concert photos and videos posted by fans of a specific show, and updating your band photo with the click of a button.
- We’re introduced Tour Trailers to Bandsintown Manager on Facebook, allowing fans to hear and see artists performing live.
- We added over 66,000 new artists to our platform including Top 40 superstar Usher, indie buzz band Mating Ritual, Grammy nominated Childish Gambino, R&B songstress Jhené Aiko and DJ's like Amon Tobin.
- As we start 2015, 66% of the Top 100 Songs of 2014 featured an artist that used Bandsintown Manager and 70% of DJ Magazine’s TOP 100 DJ’s are now powered by Bandsintown Manager!
- We collaborated with dozens of bands to bring you exclusive Tour Diaries from the road, from Motopony’s adventures in India to Rixton’s tour through their hometown of Manchester and American Author’s on what it’s like to play legendary venues.
- We introduced Bandsintown for Promoters, which allows the music industry to successfully promote a show, artist or tour to Bandsintown concert-goers. This allowed us to hire a full advertising and sales team in New York and by the end of 2014, we had successfully completed thousands of email promotion campaigns.
- We attended or spoke at prominent industry events including DLD, SXSW, Bonnaroo, CMJ, IEBA, Amsterdam Dance Event, Mobile World Congress, Pollstar Live!, REVOLT Music Conference, San Diego Music Thing, Firefly, Pitchfork Festival – and many, many more!
And since we’re saving the best for last, we’re ecstatic to announce that we’ve now passed 15 million Bandsintown concert-goers who have installed our app!
How big is 15 million?
- That’s just about the population of New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles combined—the three most populous cities in America!
- More people than we would see if we toured and sold out the 200 biggest stadiums in the world!
These are important milestones for our music community—thank you for being a special part of it. Follow our artist blog, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and help us make 2015 another rockin’ year for Bandsintown!