Auto-Announce is a great way for artists to keep their fans posted on all of their upcoming events. It generates notifications to your fans among your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) whenever you announce a new concert. You can customize these posts by their frequency.
Types of auto-announce posts:
- Just Announced: posted every time a new event is published.
- Playing Today: posted on the day of the event.
- This Weekend: posted on the Wednesday before the event.
- Next Week: posted one week before the event.
- Next Month: posted one month before the event.
It’s always best to include a custom message with each auto-announce post. Use a broad message here and don't say anything specific to a date or city. You could say something like “Come hang with us tonight!” or “Who’s coming to see us?”
using auto-announce on Bandsintown Manager
Go on the Settings tab in Bandsintown Manager and click on Auto-Announce at the top.
Note: you can also go to the Events tab in Bandsintown Manager, and click on Auto-Announce Settings on the top right.
Write the messages you wish to communicate to your Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr followers (depends on your Social Media settings).
Once you have finished writing up your messages, click on Save to finish setting up the automatic announcements. Note that you can change the content of your posts at any time.
using auto-announce On Facebook Manager
Go on the Facebook page of the artist you wish to auto-announce and go on the Tour Dates tab (if you have not renamed it). Then, click on Auto Promote.
Write the messages you wish to communicate to your Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr followers (depends on your social accounts settings).
Once you have finished writing up an Auto-Announce message, click on the Twitter and Tumblr toggles if you wish to publish on these platforms, and click on the Facebook button on the right.
For Facebook, you can choose to send out Auto-Announce posts to everyone or to geo-target based on region or country.
- If you want all of your Facebook fans to see your Auto-Announce posts, set the drop-down to Everyone.
- If you want to target your posts to your Facebook fans in a specific region within the United States, set the drop-down to Region. Note that only posts for events within the United States can be targeted by region.
- If you want to target your posts to your Facebook fans by country, set the drop-down to Country.
Click here if you need help.